Thursday, June 30, 2011

Skinny Bitch Smackdown

This will be my last post for about a week and a half (I'm going up north, no Internet for me!). However, I plan to make good use of that time off...
Image from http://www.fitsugar.com/Weekend-Reading-Skinny-Btch-287442

Does this cover look familiar to you? If you went to Central and actually took a health class, it should. This book was a popular diet fad...although not necessarily a safe one. One of my favorite all time rant topics, I plan on taking it apart, and finding the good, the bad, and the ugly...the very, very ugly (I still have fond memories of being called a "fat piece of shit" by my overweight health teacher during her read aloud...oh wait....fond memory?).




At the same time, in defense of vegetarians (I am one) and vegans (I am not one), I'll look at books like The Omnivore's Dilemma  and books along those lines.


Once I'm back in the Twin Cities, I have a few new plans...including (yes!) a new diet plan. If I can actually follow through with this one...it seems a little extreme.

Have a good Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment