Sunday, June 12, 2011

How to Eat Like Megan Fox: Day One

After a weekend of grad parties, it's time to finally start eating like Megan Fox. To the left is a picture of my breakfast, minus the coffee I drank. (Quick note: I couldn't find cider vinegar, so it's just lemon in the water...for now.) I have to say, after two days of cake and other highly processed foods, this is was actually pretty good.

A question arose recently about how I was going to eat. An earlier post shows all of Megan Fox's stats, and for the sake of comparison it's time to give mine.


I'm 18 (she's 25), about 5'8 (I'll get measured soon, I promise) and weigh around 140 pounds. I have a BMI (thank you National Health Institute) of 21.3 which is in the normal, healthy range (from 18.5-24.9 is considered healthy). I bike everywhere, and consistently get exercise five days a week. I will, however, introduce her core workouts three days this week.

What does this mean?
A) I'm two inches taller and about 26 pounds heavier than Megan Fox. To have her BMI, I would have to weigh 121 pounds. I'm pretty happy with myself, I can't see that happening.
B) I exercise more, and I'm seven years younger. The difference in just our Basal metabolic rates (BMR) is already impressive. (For those of you who don't know, the BMR measures the amount of calories used regardless of exercise.) Using this calculator, Megan Fox has a BMR of around 1344. Mine is around 1500. Whereas Megan Fox would have to eat 1200-1300 calories to lose a pound a week from dieting (again, this is using the assumptions of the previous post), I'm going to give myself 300 more calories per day (1500-1600).

And this is how Day One starts. I feel good for now...let's see what the week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment