Monday, June 20, 2011

Winners and Losers

No pictures quite yet, but here's a list of the winners and losers of the Megan Fox diet experiment.

Winners:
1. The ab work outs. 15-20 minutes three times a week, at least 5-10 minutes every day...it felt AMAZING and they were easy enough to do at home.
2. Biking. Honestly, I don't always have the motivation to go running. The biking worked out pretty well.
3. Less social eating. According to this, we overeat in social situations. The restricted diet made it really hard to eat in social conditions, so I already felt limited.
4. Fruits and veggies. I'm not sure I would have tried using carrots in place of chips without this diet, but when it came to hummus and guacamole, I enjoyed it. Plus I could portion my food more. Score.
5. The food in general. Yogurt, almonds, fruits, veggies, eggs...once I got over the carb cravings (which I eventually did), I enjoyed what I ate.

On the fence:
1. Water and cider vinegar. The first time I tried it, my appetite immediately went away...because I felt too sick to want to eat. Other than that, it tasted alright. Depending on how much I put in my water, I could bring that sick feeling back though. Under no means am I endorsing Fergie's cider vinegar shots, but it tasted acidic and crisp and...fine I guess.
2. Carb cravings. They did disappear...but they sucked while I had them.

Losers:
1. Rude. I felt really rude not being able to eat normal food. And I was SUPER cranky the first few days because of it.
2. Lack of variety. I ended up eating the same things...all the time...
3. Overeating. With the original carb cravings in full swing, I overate to try to hit the cravings. I guess I have no self control. Oh well.

Stay tuned for the trainer interview and further details!

No comments:

Post a Comment